This post aims to provide an overview of the features of each of the most commonly used Garmin Forerunner models to let you know how each GPS watch compare with one another and help you decide which model fits you. Whether you are someone who is just starting out in running or you are a runner who has dozens of medals around your neck, I hope you would find this guide helpful in deciding what GPS watch model to buy. Each model is linked to Amazon and you can view more customer reviews and features when you click the link. You can get your Garmin Forerunner watch from Amazon a better price. Amazon also offers free shipping on all Garmin Forerunner models. Simply click the photos of each Garmin Forerunner model to direct you to Amazon. Whether you are from Toronto and the GTA or anywhere in Canada and in the world, you can place your order from Amazon with free shipping. You can also have your Garmin Forerunner delivered to you faster at a reasonable price.
Garmin is undoubtedly the top brand that provides GPS watches and heart rate monitors for athletes, swimmers, hikers, and serious fitness enthusiasts. Garmin gadgets have excellent quality and accuracy in recording your run distance, pace, and calories burned. Garmin Forerunner watches cater to everyone who are serious in achieving their fitness goals. Whether you are someone who is just beginning to run, or you are already a seasoned marathoner or triathlete, you can use the Garmin Forerunner GPS watch to help you monitor your training and reach your goals. Below is a list of the most commonly used Garmin Forerunner models and a quick overview of their features so you can easily see how they compare to one another and help you choose which would be your running buddy!
Click on the photos or links in each model to see customer reviews and order it from Amazon with free shipping.
Each Garmin Forerunner watch is equipped with an accurate GPS, a screen display that can be customized to show your Time, Distance, Pace, and Calories. They also measure your Lap Pace, Average Pace, Lap Speed, and Average Speed. Each gadget can be connected to Garmin Connect to upload your data in real-time so your family, friends and teammates can see your progress. In most models of the Garmin Forerunner, you can purchase a GPS watch with a Heart Rate monitor as well to track your calories and measure the intensity of your workouts.
Garmin Forerunner 10
The Garmin Forerunner 10 is the cheapest and most affordable Garmin GPS watch. Even with its low price, it still competes against the higher models because it basically contains the same features that you need for your workouts. The Garmin Forerunner 10 has been proven to endure indoor swimming and can track indoor workouts. It is also very small compared to the other Garmin GPS models so if you’re looking for a training watch that you can wear everyday, the Garmin Forerunner 10 is for you. Click on the photos to read more reviews about the Garmin Forerunner 10, or to buy it from Amazon with free shipping.
Read another post about the Garmin Forerunner 10
– Inexpensive, small and light, durable, and has all the basic features you need in a GPS watch.
– Easy to use and record your workouts.
– Water resistant up to 50 meters
– If you are starting out to be serious in your runs, or if you want a GPS watch that you can wear everyday, the Garmin Forerunner 10 is for you.
– The men’s watch is slightly bigger than the women’s watch, but it requires separate chargers.
– It performs minimally on indoor training.
– Cycling mode is reported to have been less accurate.
Click here for a more in-depth review of the Garmin Forerunner 10.
Click here to order your Garmin Forerunner 10 or other models from Amazon.
Garmin Forerunner 110
The Garmin Forerunner 110 is the next GPS watch that you would want to look at if you are looking for a more versatile watch and yet remain small and compact. The Garmin Forerunner 110 won’t overwhelm your wrist and its size make it just a little short of being a stylish watch to wear everyday. You can put in your age and weight to measure the calories you burn from your runs. It can easily be connected to any heart rate monitor to measure the intensity of your workouts. Click on the photos to read more reviews about the Garmin Forerunner 110, or to buy it from Amazon with free shipping.
– Friendly interface and very easy to use.
– Accurately records your workouts.
– Its size makes it a good choice even for everyday wearing.
– It has the latest GPS chipset that gathers GPS data fast.
– Garmin features are limited to make up for the size.
– It does not show workouts, interval training, courses, pace, etc.
– Does not currently support foot pods.
– You cannot swim with it.
Click here for a more in-depth review of the Garmin Forerunner 110.
Click here to order your Garmin Forerunner 110 or other models from Amazon.
Garmin Forerunner 210
The Garmin Forerunner 210 is a successor of the previous model, the Forerunner 110. It features additional pod support, and shows a little more data in its interface. Like the previous model, you can input your height, weight, and age to monitor the calories you are burning and the intensity of your workout. Compared to the Forerunner 110, this GPS watch can show you your lap average and overall average. You can also set an auto-lap to customize the distance of each lap you would like to run. The Garmin Forerunner 210 is also capable of interval workouts that measures your warm-up, intervals, rest, sets, and cool-down. Click on the photos to read more reviews about the Garmin Forerunner 210, or to buy it from Amazon with free shipping.
– For its added features, it is still considerably small compared to advanced models.
– It can support foot pod for indoor training and heart rate monitor.
– You can do interval workouts with this gadget for more serious training.
– Accessories can be easily connected.
Click here for Garmin Forerunner 210 accessories.
– Like its predecessor, it is not waterproof.
– You cannot customize data fields.
– Its features for cycling is not maximized.
Click here for a more in-depth review of the Garmin Forerunner 210.
Click here to order your Garmin Forerunner 210 or other models from Amazon.
Garmin Forerunner 220
The Garmin Forerunner 220 remains as a mid-range GPS watch with regards to its affordability and features. It is stylish and comes with other colors. Its size is also similar to its relative Forerunner 210 with small adjustments to its design. The Garmin Forerunner 220 has a clearer and more friendly interface that you can access in a simple press of a button. This GPS watch includes an internal accelerometer which makes it possible to measure pace and cadence without a requiring a foot pod. The Garmin Forerunner 220 is also waterproof and can endure being submerged 50 meters deep. If you are a swimmer or a triathlete, then the Garmin Forerunner 220 is the GPS watch of choice for you. Click on the photos to read more reviews about the Garmin Forerunner 220, or to buy it from Amazon with free shipping.
– GPS connectivity is fast and reliable.
– Better than the Forerunner 210 to customize your workouts.
– You can swim with it! This is the mid-range GPS watch for swimmers, triathletes, or runners who train under the rain.
– It features an indoor workout monitoring, but does not prove to be accurate.
– Slightly more expensive than other mid-range GPS watches.
Click here for a more in-depth review of the Garmin Forerunner 220.
Click here to order your Garmin Forerunner 220 or other models from Amazon.
Garmin Forerunner 610
The Garmin Forerunner 610 is one of the most improved and advanced GPS watches available but remains relatively affordable. Apart from its sleek design, it features a hi-tech touch screen display for easy access and workout monitoring. It is the first touch screen GPS watch produced by Garmin and it features additional functions that are not available on previous models. You can select your preferred language and customize your watch to record and show data you need. It also has a friendly screen display and can be operated with great ease. Click on the photos to read more reviews about the Garmin Forerunner 610, or to buy it from Amazon with free shipping.
– Its touch screen feature that works well allows easier accessibility and functionality.
– This gadget can be worn every day.
– It is a very versatile hi-tech GPS watch that can be used not just by runners, but also by duathletes, and bikers.
– Indoor workouts can be measured with better accuracy.
– Advanced runners will be proud to wear this GPS watch which shows more confidence and experience while remaining affordable as a mid-range watch.
– If you are starting out as a runner, the Garmin Forerunner 610 may be too much as an entry level watch. You can settle with the features of the previous models, unless you would want the Forerunner 610 for its touch screen capability.
– While this watch is water-resistant, it is not specifically designed for swimming.
– Battery life is limited to only 8 hours in training mode.
These running gears and gadgets are available to you not just for you to flaunt and tell people that you are a serious ‘runner,’ but they help you improve your performance, and even safety, for you to reach your goals efficiently. GPS watches are good investments whether you are a seasoned athlete or you are just starting out in your running journey. It’s a matter of choosing which watch fits your wrist and your training needs!